Why Choose Whiteside’s?
When considering a dance school you should:
– Check the school’s reputation locally. How long has it been in existence?
You wouldn’t choose a nursery school or primary school that is likely to close within months. Expect the same from your dance school.
– Ask if you can watch a class before you commit yourself to enrolment…
This allows the teacher to assess the needs of the child and decide on the correct level. You will also get the opportunity to talk to other parents. No charge for the first two weeks.
– Ask about exam success. What standards have been achieved?
Any good school will be proud of its record and able to tell you. But likewise, any good teacher will tell you that not all children are natural exam candidates and many will dance purely for pleasure.
– Ask what level the school provides training to…
It can be unsettling for a child to have to leave a school in order to continue studies to a higher level. Most pupils like to be in an age appropriate class and although some age differences do not matter too much, different levels can be difficult to teach simultaneously.
– Make sure the teacher is qualified…
Teaching must be safe and appropriate. We expect our school teachers, doctors and dentists to be qualified and should expect no less in dance. Has the dance teacher passed the professional qualifying exam? ie. are there the letters AISTD, LISTD, FISTD or RAD after her name?
– Your child will be part of our wonderful bi-annual productions at the HAWTH THEATRE, CRAWLEY. No other dance school produces shows like us! You will be proud to bring along friends and family to see what our pupils have achieved…
Always an exciting and rewarding time, we work hard for a term (lower school), two terms (upper school) to produce the most slick and professional show possible. It is a true showcase of what we do at Whiteside’s. Besides our own shows, we also take part in Young Performers in London, and in 2016, Chance to Dance in Crawley. We have provided dancers for pantomimes, supported the Strictly Come Dancing tour and we have also started entering local competitions. Your child, if chosen to represent the School, will enjoy yet another wonderful experience.
– Remember it’s your money at the end of the day. Don’t waste it on a low quality school with poorly trained or untrained teachers just because it’s convenient or the fees are low.
Your child may love it and want to dance for some considerable time. Start as you mean to go on and choose the best right from the start!
After exam success there are often vacancies throughout the school and this is always the ideal time for your daughter to begin a new activity that could literally change her life! Watch her confidence grow and her personality develop. As many girls start new grade work, new pupils can be incorporated effortlessly. Call or email to find out when it would be best for your son/daughter to join us, then come along to watch or take part. A very warm welcome awaits you both. NB. During show terms new pupils are only accepted into the junior school.