Whiteside’s School of Dance hold a show at The Hawth Theatre every 2 years and it is a hugely exciting event!
At WSOD, we always try to be involved with as many performances as we can, but between events such as Young Performers, most recently the Strictly Come Dancing Tour, local shows and of course the work required for examinations, we couldn’t possibly do one every year!
The Bi-annual Show is real opportunity to involve the whole school in one event and is eagerly anticipated by the girls. It is a fully costumed show with well rehearsed routines, lighting effects, professional photos and DVD’s made available for all the memories!
At the end of the show, we award a variety of trophies for the great efforts made over the previous two years.
The shows are always a resounding success and much loved by all the girls, their families and by WSOD too!
These are the trophies and cups we award and the current holders, 2016…
– Modern Cup: Molly Bradshaw
– Ballet Cup: Sophie Bridger
– Tap Cup: Amelia Corby
-Contemporary Trophy: Jess Belford
– Street/Jazz Trophy: Lily Joyles
– Achievement Cup: Naomi Walker
– Endeavour Cup: Hannah Reed
– Effort Cup: Kayleigh Van Zyl
– Musicality Cup: Summer Collinson
– Enthusiasm Cup: Carmen Monedero
– Neatness Cup: Abigail Phillips
– Personality Cup: Amelia King
– Deportment Cup: Lois Maranzano
– Scholarship Cup: Lauren Archer
– Examination Cup: Madison Burden
– Attendance Cup: Casey & Kerenza Hemsley
and the big three…
– The Karli Broadbent Dedication Trophy: Kyra Drabble
– Junior Most Promising Pupil: Lauren Clark
– Senior Most Promising Pupil: Georgia Rushby